Safety & Us
Momentum (the “Company”) acknowledges and accepts its statutory responsibilities under The Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 in so far as is reasonably practicable, for securing the health, safety and welfare of its employees, service providers, occupiers, visitors and members of the public on managed premises.
All employees have a legal responsibility for their own safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions and not to interfere or misuse anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
Directors, Management and supervisory staff acknowledge and accept their responsibilities for implementing, monitoring and maintaining this Policy throughout the Company and its managed premises and they must ensure that health and safety considerations are always given priority in the planning and day-to-day supervision of work.
All employees, service providers, their staff and specialist sub-contractors are required to co-operate with the Company in carrying out this Policy and must ensure that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves or the health and safety of others.
The Company will, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that:
- adequate resources are provided to ensure that proper provision can be made for health and safety;
- risks arising from work activities are assessed effective control measures are implemented and suitable policies and procedures are provided, put in place and regularly reviewed;
- safe systems of work are provided and maintained;
- arrangements for use handling, storage and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to health;
- all employees receive information, instruction, training and supervision to secure their safety and health at work and the safety of others who may be affected by their actions;
- an appropriate level of information and instruction is provided to visitors, service providers and occupiers;
- where appropriate, health and surveillance will be provided to employees;
- the provision and maintenance of all plant, machinery and equipment is safe and without risk to health;
- the working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provision is made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work;
- work related accidents, ill health and safety performance are regularly monitored.
This Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed at least annually, or when there is a significant change to the business or relevant legislation and communicated to all employees.
The Company will ensure that there are established and maintained effective procedures for consultation and communication between levels of management and employees on all matters relating to health and welfare.